Available jobs / contracts
Front End Web Developer (JS/HTML/CSS, PHP, MySQL)
Location: London office (Albert Embankment, Vauxhall) & Work from home
Salary: 35-40K GBP per annum, dependant on experience
TourCMS is an established travel technology company helping tour and activity providers worldwide with our comprehensive cloud software, booking/customer management tools and travel distribution and marketing system. Based in London, we have a flexible working environment and are looking for a full time front end web developer to join our small (but growing) team.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with our APIs and helping clients with their web projects (See GrayLine.com or Tnooz THack for examples of how our API is used)
- Working on user interface developments within the core TourCMS system and web / mobile projects
- Providing input throughout the design process
- Answering web development related support questions from our clients (Note: Our clients tend to ask web design agencies to build their websites, so questions to us tend to be well educated ones)
- Occasionally required to co-ordinate developments undertaken by 3rd parties
- Input on our web based documentation for web developers
- Occasional weekend work will be required and some flexibility for being on evening conference calls given that we work with clients in all timezones (any out-of-office-hours work can be done from home)
We are a remote working team so you'll be expected to work 1-3 days per week from our London office (with amazing views of the Shard, the Gherkin and other London landmarks) and the rest of the time from home.
Working at TourCMS is a great opportunity for someone passionate about the digital space who wants to be able to work in an environment where their experience is valued and their ideas incorporated.
- MySQL (this is not a database developer role so MySQL is only required to a regular front end developer level)
- Excellent knowledge of modern web standards/best practice
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a flexible team
- A strong passion for all things digital
Excellent communications skills are also vital, as you will be working with a range of clients from day one.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Travel industry experience is an advantage (tour operators, destination marketing)
- E-commerce experience
- Experience in SaaS desirable
- Willing to occasionally travel abroad if required
- Graduate degree or relevant experience in lieu of qualifications
We believe in working with people before offering a full time position so there will be a probationary period or short contract at the start, but we are looking for someone to join our team on a full-time/permanent basis.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with covering email, CV and examples of work by 31st October 2013.
Strictly no recruiters/agencies please.