TourCMS uses the hosted payment pages via the Server Integration Method (SIM).
As you are using TourCMS for payments where the customer is NOT present (i.e. online bookings or requests for paymenets from customers for tailor-made tours) you need a Cardholder NOT present Authorize.net account (CNP). How to tell what kind of account you have
- The API Login and Transaction key will be given to you when you sign up for an Authorize.net account (hopefully). The MD5-Hash can be found in the Settings in Authorize.net
- The design of the payment page can be changed from within your Authorize.net login. GO to Settings, Payment Form, Form fields - and remove all customer / billing information from show. We suggest you keep Invoice Number, Description
Address Verification Service (AVS)
One important area to consider that is not strictly related to TourCMS are the Address Verification Service (AVS) settings on your account. These settings tell Authorize.net how strict to be when checking the address details provided by the customer at the time of booking against the address details (if any) provided by the card issuer, more lenient settings may incur additional costs from your merchant provider.
Authorize.net page explaining AVS settings (the notes at the bottom are particularly good)
[Optional] Response/Receipt URLs
Generally speaking this isn't required, however if while testing (see below) you experience an error similar to "(14) The referrer, relay response or receipt link URL is invalid." you may need to add the following two URLs to the "Receipt/Relay URL" page in your Authorize.net account settings panel:
- To test transactions turn on test mode within Authorize.net and leave development mode OFF within TourCMS (leave as 0 in the TourCMS Authorize.net configuration). This is probably how you will do most of your testing. This tests using https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
- Alternatively you can use development mode (by setting development mode to 1 in TourCMS Authorize.net configuration) then transactions will be tested against https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll rather than the normal https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll url. You will need a developer account from Authorize.net to do this style of testing
- No concept of "authorisation only" transactions
- Test VISA: 4111111111111111 (any future expiry date)
- Authorize.net SIM Method documentation