home > company
TourCMS is how we are known these days, for our Software As A Service reservations, content and customer relationship management system for the tours and activities sector.
TourCMS has been web-based since 2006, prior to that it was available as software for tour operators to download and install on their own servers.
What else do we do?
We run Small Fish Big Ocean, an online community where specialist tour and activity operators and agents discuss travel e-commerce and marketing. Also under the Small Fish Big Ocean banner have arranged run two social and networking "Pitch Night' events during World Travel Market, featuring top companies from the tours, activities and experiences sector.
Research and writing
Between 2002 and 2003 we published 3 papers on usability research with a particular emphasis on consumer online hotel reservation systems. These are available for download (FREE) from our travel website usability research section.
More recently we have published a 55 Travel ecommerce tips eBook.
Travel UCD Ltd. company history
Travel UCD Ltd. previously worked for many years as a travel technology, software development and usability consultancy working with UK based travel "dot coms".
We have worked in either a consultancy role or managed IT & web projects for:
- Hotel chains, including two European hotel chain consortiums
- Scheduled and charter airlines
- Web design agencies with travel sector clients
- One of the "top two" UK travel tour operators with highstreet travel agency networks
- Many smaller tour operators
- Web based consumer travel reservation systems
- Dynamic packaging (hotel & air) systems
- Reservation system selection and changes (changing one reservation system to another)
- Viewdata and distribution projects
- Pay Per Click marketing and search engine optimisation
- Online business travel systems (flights, car hire and hotels) and self booking tools
- Online multimedia presentations of resorts, destinations and hotels
- Booking engine usability evaluations & testing
- Web design & development team leadership & mentoring
- Travel ecommerce strategy including "Travel web 2.0"